BBO Discussion Forums: Official BBO Hijacked Thread Thread - BBO Discussion Forums

• 203 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official BBO Hijacked Thread Thread No, it's not about that

#2921 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-September-16, 16:05

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar talkes to David Remnick about politics and mortality
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#2922 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-29, 14:21

so quiet in this thread that I am able to hear how potatoes are growing in Idaho
Preempts are Aberlour's best bridge friends

#2923 User is offline   Thiros 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Greek fire, Damascus steel, Linear A

Posted 2016-October-11, 15:40

It's been that way in the whole water cooler with the exception of one topic. For the last 14 months and the next four weeks, the American people are charged with choosing a new Chump-in-Chief.

#2924 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2016-October-12, 21:29

Why is it when I'm having a nice time getting along someone on t.v. always has to explain his escape from tragedy by claiming that god has a plan for him? Really? I don't bother you telling you my inane beliefs - why must you pester me with yours?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#2925 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2016-October-30, 09:40

Happy Divali to all those celebrating the victory of light over darkness, knowledge over ignorance, hope over despair.

Posted Image
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#2926 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2016-November-08, 09:17

Lo and behold. Savage kingdoms: Werner Herzog takes us from the Earth’s core into cyberspace

#2927 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2016-November-14, 09:12

Posted Image

A Tesla parked at a mobile home in Mountain View CA, where the median home costs $1.4 million.
Damien Maloney for The New York Times

#2928 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2016-November-15, 07:25

View Postjjbrr, on 2010-January-29, 09:47, said:

serious? we all miss foo and shubi.

Now more than ever, esp on the Trump thread.

#2929 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2016-November-16, 19:14

How to Argue Fairly and Without Rancor

Don’t think of an argument as an opportunity to convince the other person of your view; think of it as a way to test and improve your opinions.

#2930 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2016-November-30, 08:48

How a grad student found spyware that could control anybody's iPhone from anywhere in the world

Last summer, Bill Marczak stumbled across a program that could spy on your iPhone’s contact list and messages—and even record your calls. Illuminating shadowy firms that sell spyware to corrupt governments across the globe, Marczak’s story reveals the new arena of cyber-warfare.

#2931 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-November-30, 23:20

There was story which I just heard bits about so there are gaps, but supposedly there are companies now that you can buy some sort of bug which will "slave" the computers in all the prosaic things that are computerized now, like refrigerators and toasters. If you get enough of them, ( again, reportedly) you can bring down the internet, someone is said to have done that in a fairly major crash in Britain a couple of weeks ago. It works by overloading the system by having all these household appliances and so forth simultaneously send multiple messages.

It would be nice if someone was able to do a jujitsu on these people who are hacking into our lives without permission, governments or businesses or just bored bright teenagers, a sort of intensified reflection of the death ray, :ph34r: and royally fry their computers into a molten sludge that melts through their desk and becomes one with the carpet.

I know virtually nothing about computers, but I bet some bright and creative soul could do something like that if they put their mind to it.

#2932 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2016-December-05, 15:02

http://www.upworthy....ts-are-stunning

Instead of punishing disruptive kids or sending them to the principal's office, the Baltimore school has something called the Mindful Moment Room.

The room looks nothing like your standard windowless detention room. Instead, it's filled with lamps, decorations, and plush purple pillows. Misbehaving kids are encouraged to sit in the room and go through practices like breathing or meditation, helping them calm down and re-center. They are also asked to talk through what happened.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#2933 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2016-December-07, 02:28

View PostWinstonm, on 2016-December-05, 15:02, said:

Winston you missed the main big point

baltimore

failure

---------------------

As usual you dont get it......

#2934 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2016-December-07, 04:06

View Postonoway, on 2016-November-30, 23:20, said:

There was story which I just heard bits about so there are gaps, but supposedly there are companies now that you can buy some sort of bug which will "slave" the computers in all the prosaic things that are computerized now, like refrigerators and toasters. If you get enough of them, ( again, reportedly) you can bring down the internet, someone is said to have done that in a fairly major crash in Britain a couple of weeks ago. It works by overloading the system by having all these household appliances and so forth simultaneously send multiple messages.

It would be nice if someone was able to do a jujitsu on these people who are hacking into our lives without permission, governments or businesses or just bored bright teenagers, a sort of intensified reflection of the death ray, :ph34r: and royally fry their computers into a molten sludge that melts through their desk and becomes one with the carpet.

I know virtually nothing about computers, but I bet some bright and creative soul could do something like that if they put their mind to it.

I have heard about new mass media techniques being used to enslave the minds of millions of Americans and Europeans and even a few members of this forum who post in the water cooler on the Donald Trump thread but so far no one has mentioned the possibility that the tweets and spam are coming from rogue toasters. That would explain a lot of what's been going on in the world as well as some of the strange posts coming out of Chicago. I like your death ray suggestion.

#2935 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2016-December-07, 09:59

View Postmike777, on 2016-December-07, 02:28, said:

Winston you missed the main big point

baltimore

failure

---------------------

As usual you dont get it......

I wasn't talking about a main big point. What is your point and where is your data supporting your position?

#2936 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2016-December-07, 10:00

View Posty66, on 2016-December-07, 04:06, said:

I have heard about new mass media techniques being used to enslave the minds of millions of Americans and Europeans and even a few members of this forum who post in the water cooler on the Donald Trump thread but so far no one has mentioned the possibility that the tweets and spam are coming from rogue toasters. That would explain a lot of what's been going on in the world as well as some of the strange posts coming out of Chicago. I like your death ray suggestion.

I wonder who will play the toaster...Arnold?

#2937 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2016-December-07, 10:19

View Posty66, on 2016-December-07, 04:06, said:

I am pretty sure that the toasters are merely the dupes of the microwave ovens.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#2938 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-December-07, 10:21

My wife spent a week in California over Thanksgiving and brought a wish list for her daughter and her friends of Eatmore chocolate bars, Bacon and Buffalo wing flavoured chips.

Her daughter works at a winery and gets a 50% discount. Sweet deal or what? :blink:
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

#2939 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2016-December-07, 10:55

View PostWinstonm, on 2016-December-07, 10:00, said:

I wonder who will play the toaster...Arnold?

Arnold Ziffle? No way. It's true that pigs sleep and root in sh*t but Arnold is way too charming and way too conscientious to root in that stuff unless you mean by toaster the guy who gets to use the death ray. He might go for that if he's still around which would be something.

#2940 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2016-December-07, 11:05

This is a dead deer. Don’t look away. by Tamar Haspel, food and health writer. Just a reminder to bacon lovers and deer lovers that animal husbandry matters.

• 203 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users