BBO Discussion Forums: Tool to auto-reject invitations - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tool to auto-reject invitations

#21 User is offline   Trumpace 

  • Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,038
  • Joined: 2005-January-22
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2011-April-11, 17:48

Ok. I have made an update to the tool. It now also tries to reject Table Reservation Popups.

Please find the zip attached to the first post of this thread. Please make sure you read the readme.txt file.

Now by default it looks for BBO version 5.2.6.

Also, you can start the InviteRejector.exe and then login to BBO. The tool will wait for 5 minutes, and then will exit if you havent logged in by then.

Unfortunately, it currently does not reject the popup you get when you login, for a table seat that was already reserved before you logged in.

Note: I didn't see any popups with Chatroom invites, so if you could show me how you see that, I could try updating the tool to work for those too.

Edit: Now I realize what you actually want! You want to reject people wanting to join your table/chatroom too. I will look into it.
0

#22 User is offline   Chick 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 2011-April-06
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Michigan, USA (Eastern Time)
  • Interests:Bridge and Bridge Teaching

Posted 2011-April-11, 19:17

Exactly. I have two motivations for this.

1. I would like to be able to give a list of allowed people who can join a table or chatroom, and have everyone else automatically rejected. This is to automatically control entry to private lessons.

2. I would like to be able to give a list of banned people who are auto-rejected if they try to join my table or chatroom. Similarly, I would like to auto-reject a small number of people who constantly bug me for team matches, without limiting myself to an allowed list. This is to avoid a small number of people who like to harass me by repeatedly asking to sit when they know I don't want to accept them.

I'm guessing that the "Permission" window would be what triggers the program in these cases.
0

#23 User is offline   Trumpace 

  • Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,038
  • Joined: 2005-January-22
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2011-April-11, 19:58

View PostChick, on 2011-April-11, 19:17, said:

Exactly. I have two motivations for this.

1. I would like to be able to give a list of allowed people who can join a table or chatroom, and have everyone else automatically rejected. This is to automatically control entry to private lessons.

2. I would like to be able to give a list of banned people who are auto-rejected if they try to join my table or chatroom. Similarly, I would like to auto-reject a small number of people who constantly bug me for team matches, without limiting myself to an allowed list. This is to avoid a small number of people who like to harass me by repeatedly asking to sit when they know I don't want to accept them.

I'm guessing that the "Permission" window would be what triggers the program in these cases.


Ok. I have updated the tool (the attached file to first post) to reject permissions to join a chatroom/table. You might see a flash when that happens (I have noticed that only with chatroom though), but the user should get an automatic reject and you should not have to click anything.

Currently only the file allowed.txt is looked at and all names not in the list will be rejected.

If possible, I would like your help in testing this out (i.e. please let me know how it works out)

Meanwhile I will try to update the tool to cater to a reject list.
0

#24 User is offline   Trumpace 

  • Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,038
  • Joined: 2005-January-22
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2011-April-11, 20:50

View PostChick, on 2011-April-11, 19:17, said:



2. I would like to be able to give a list of banned people who are auto-rejected if they try to join my table or chatroom. Similarly, I would like to auto-reject a small number of people who constantly bug me for team matches, without limiting myself to an allowed list. This is to avoid a small number of people who like to harass me by repeatedly asking to sit when they know I don't want to accept them.




btw, what happens if you mark them as enemies?
0

#25 User is offline   Trumpace 

  • Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,038
  • Joined: 2005-January-22
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2011-April-11, 23:32

I have updated the tool to also take a reject.txt file.

The priority is allowed.txt first then reject.txt.

If allowed.txt does not exist (which is different from it not having any entries) then it will try to pick up reject.txt.

If allowed.txt exists, then reject.txt is ignore.

If both allowed.txt and reject.txt do not exist, then all invitations will be shown.
0

#26 User is offline   Chick 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 2011-April-06
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Michigan, USA (Eastern Time)
  • Interests:Bridge and Bridge Teaching

Posted 2011-May-04, 06:23

I have found that some people in the reject.txt list get rejected, but some do not. Can you think of anything that might cause this?
0

#27 User is offline   Trumpace 

  • Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,038
  • Joined: 2005-January-22
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2011-May-04, 12:16

View PostChick, on 2011-May-04, 06:23, said:

I have found that some people in the reject.txt list get rejected, but some do not. Can you think of anything that might cause this?


Can you pm me the names (from the reject_log.txt) and the names from the reject.txt?
0

#28 User is offline   Chick 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 2011-April-06
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Michigan, USA (Eastern Time)
  • Interests:Bridge and Bridge Teaching

Posted 2011-May-11, 09:46

I had a case today where someone was rejected correctly, then they clicked again and the permission showed. Not sure if this might have been the case in the past or not.

I don't want to post names here, but if you email me at yodercm@earthlink.net, I'll send you the files.
0

#29 User is offline   Trumpace 

  • Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,038
  • Joined: 2005-January-22
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2011-May-13, 11:19

View PostChick, on 2011-May-11, 09:46, said:

I had a case today where someone was rejected correctly, then they clicked again and the permission showed. Not sure if this might have been the case in the past or not.

I don't want to post names here, but if you email me at yodercm@earthlink.net, I'll send you the files.


Thanks, that is a useful information, I will see if I can reproduce it myself. One more question, did you have the tool read the allowed.txt or reject.txt when that happened? What kind of reject was it? Team invite/Tourney/Request to join table/...?

Also, sorry I should have been clearer and not used abbreviations. You can personal message me, not post it here. This forum supports personal messages, which is practically like email between two BBO forums members. No one else can see them.
0

#30 User is offline   jackthelad 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 2007-November-06

Posted 2012-October-07, 17:26

Hi, The rejector is a fine tool and does exactly what it says on the label, however there are two new idiot offenders on BBO.

1) the idiot that has a program to generate invites 10000 at a time and 2) a few idiots that have discovered that you can keep hitting the invitation key and generate numerous invitations. Both these groups are currently active and will bombard you if you reject their inviation to sit at your table.

The Invite rejector handles both, but it does stop one from setting up a table in the lobby and filtering applications to join, which is the only way to get a reasonable game.

One cannot just make the offenders an enemy, nor can you have a reject list as these idiots use many many different nicks.

Would it be possible to add a filter, so that players can be accepted at a table, but team and tourney invitations are rejected ?

I am an ex assembler systems and O/S programmer and can write in C+, given an outline of the program I could write a routine to do this, but I currently havn't got a clue as to the windows comms interfaces, or I would do it myself.

Any chance of some help ?

Regards

Ian Cowper ( jackthelad )
0

#31 User is offline   Trumpace 

  • Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,038
  • Joined: 2005-January-22
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2012-October-08, 11:32

View Postjackthelad, on 2012-October-07, 17:26, said:

Hi, The rejector is a fine tool and does exactly what it says on the label, however there are two new idiot offenders on BBO.

1) the idiot that has a program to generate invites 10000 at a time and 2) a few idiots that have discovered that you can keep hitting the invitation key and generate numerous invitations. Both these groups are currently active and will bombard you if you reject their inviation to sit at your table.

The Invite rejector handles both, but it does stop one from setting up a table in the lobby and filtering applications to join, which is the only way to get a reasonable game.

One cannot just make the offenders an enemy, nor can you have a reject list as these idiots use many many different nicks.

Would it be possible to add a filter, so that players can be accepted at a table, but team and tourney invitations are rejected ?

I am an ex assembler systems and O/S programmer and can write in C+, given an outline of the program I could write a routine to do this, but I currently havn't got a clue as to the windows comms interfaces, or I would do it myself.

Any chance of some help ?

Regards

Ian Cowper ( jackthelad )


Hi Ian,

Thank you for the feedback. This is an interesting feature which is currently missing from the tool and could potentially be useful.

One question, though: Do you know the nicks of people who are going to join your table? If yes, then you can run the toll in the accept mode (README.txt will have details), where you only accept invites from the set of people you list in the accept file. (This file can be edit while you are running the tool, it will read the changes).

Thanks.
0

#32 User is offline   jackthelad 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 2007-November-06

Posted 2012-October-09, 08:04

View PostTrumpace, on 2012-October-08, 11:32, said:

Hi Ian,

Thank you for the feedback. This is an interesting feature which is currently missing from the tool and could potentially be useful.

One question, though: Do you know the nicks of people who are going to join your table? If yes, then you can run the toll in the accept mode (README.txt will have details), where you only accept invites from the set of people you list in the accept file. (This file can be edit while you are running the tool, it will read the changes).

Thanks.


Hi,
I do not know the nicks of people that will join, that would be easy :)...I want to set up an EXPERT table, manually filtering out enemies and poor players using the standard BBO accept/decline, whilst running the invite rejector to block people that flood the "invitations" because they have been rejected. There is at least one person that is currently flooding me, and as far as I can ascertain at least three other players. He is not the Turkish moron that has a program to send 10,000 invites ( that really does hang the PC ) he/she just taps the inviation key on the tourney invitation routine, which just makes it difficult to play. This person uses different nicks/countries every time they perform the flooding, so it is hard to get them banned. Uday does however have the IP address of one of them and imposed a weeks ban. It would be useful to trap the nick of the flooder as this would help in pursuing them and imposing sanctions.

Regards

Ian Cowper
0

#33 User is offline   Trumpace 

  • Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,038
  • Joined: 2005-January-22
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2012-October-15, 10:32

View Postjackthelad, on 2012-October-09, 08:04, said:

Hi,
I do not know the nicks of people that will join, that would be easy :)...I want to set up an EXPERT table, manually filtering out enemies and poor players using the standard BBO accept/decline, whilst running the invite rejector to block people that flood the "invitations" because they have been rejected. There is at least one person that is currently flooding me, and as far as I can ascertain at least three other players. He is not the Turkish moron that has a program to send 10,000 invites ( that really does hang the PC ) he/she just taps the inviation key on the tourney invitation routine, which just makes it difficult to play. This person uses different nicks/countries every time they perform the flooding, so it is hard to get them banned. Uday does however have the IP address of one of them and imposed a weeks ban. It would be useful to trap the nick of the flooder as this would help in pursuing them and imposing sanctions.

Regards

Ian Cowper


Hi Ian,

The nicks of the offenders do get recorded in a log file (don't remember the name of the file, but it is a .log file). You might want to check the directory where you installed the tool.

About the other feature request, I will see what I can do. I believe I have your email address. I might be able to provide you with a new version of the tool which does what you ask (no ETA as of now though).

-
Trumpace.
0

#34 User is offline   jackthelad 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 2007-November-06

Posted 2012-October-20, 12:56

View PostTrumpace, on 2012-October-15, 10:32, said:

Hi Ian,

The nicks of the offenders do get recorded in a log file (don't remember the name of the file, but it is a .log file). You might want to check the directory where you installed the tool.

About the other feature request, I will see what I can do. I believe I have your email address. I might be able to provide you with a new version of the tool which does what you ask (no ETA as of now though).

-
Trumpace.

Hi,

Many thanks for that. I hope you can manage to add the facility.

Regards

Ian Cowper
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users