• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

north korea

#1 User is offline   luke warm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, poker, politics

Posted 2006-July-04, 15:40

well it appears they went and done it... i guess they feel secure against a preemptive strike by america, seeing as how they warned of an "annihilating" nuclear strike if we do something foolish...

i for one think they should wait until their technology catches up with the height of their fearless leader before making threats... reminds me of hamas threatening israel

the bbc
"Paul Krugman is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." Newt Gingrich (paraphrased)

#2 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-July-05, 01:32

I'm more concerned with the fact that the NK governement ruins the lives for millions of people. The nuclear thread is still somewhat immaginary.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#3 User is offline   Gerben42 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Astronomy, Mathematics
    Nuclear power

Posted 2006-July-07, 14:48

After the messed up missile launches the world feels safe from North Korea again... On the other hand I am puzzled how they can NOT have access to 1950s Russian (or even American) technology which is all they need.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!
My Bridge Systems Page

BC Kultcamp Rieneck

#4 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2006-July-07, 15:10

Gerben42, on Jul 7 2006, 03:48 PM, said:

After the messed up missile launches the world feels safe from North Korea again... On the other hand I am puzzled how they can NOT have access to 1950s Russian (or even American) technology which is all they need.

Yes I wonder about the exact same point.

50's missile technology
40's atom bomb technology.

Cannot expect NK, Iran and all the rest to have zero PHD's in these areas for much longer. I assume they have the money, materials and ability to make the rest.

You can put bombs into planes, suitcases, ships, artillery shells, etc etc....

Perhaps by then our Nanobots and software can shut them down?

#5 User is offline   pbleighton 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-July-07, 15:19

"You can put bombs into planes, suitcases, ships, artillery shells, etc etc.... "

Exactly. If there is a nuclear strike against the U.S., it probably won't be delivered by a missile.

As bad as North Korea is, I am actually more concerned with the roughly 10,000 nuclear bombs dispersed throughout the former Soviet Union, which is chaotic, corrupt, and thoroughly capitalistic. Someone there (probably not a government, more likely a group of military officers) is more likely IMO than North Korea to sell a nuke to Bin Laden.

Peter

#6 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2006-July-08, 03:11

pbleighton, on Jul 7 2006, 11:19 PM, said:

Exactly. If there is a nuclear strike against the U.S., it probably won't be delivered by a missile.

Agree. You don't need misile technology to bribe some harbour custom officers to keep their eyes closed while you load a nuke into a freightship headed for a US (or Israelian, or whatever) harbour.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users