BBO Discussion Forums: Lost in space - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lost in space blogs

#1 User is offline   42 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Music, Tango Argentino, bridge, cooking, languages, etc. :)

Posted 2006-May-16, 10:52

Hi!
I heard of blogs for the first time some weeks ago here in the BBF. Suddenly a "journey" began and now I feel I must restrict myself before I "space away", before I become addicted to a second thing (normally I really don't tend to addictions). One finds an interesting/nice blog, reads some comments, looks on some profiles or links and is already on/in the next one. A comment here, a comment there, people write back, the atmosphere is friendly, and 1-2-3: 5-6-7 hours are nothing, all in front of the PC. Some years ago chatting was it, the forum takes a lot of attention, but a blog is somehow more fascinating. There are different kinds of blogs: the more informative (news, articles about this and that, Justin's bridge blog, etc.), and the private ones (about feelings, passions, whatever).
Isn't the latter kind of blog a bit surreal? People sit in front of a PC, perhaps telling EVERYBODY who surfs along more than they ever would f2f? One part of the bloggers discloses his personality, the other refinds himself in it. It is secure because of the anonymity, and that is what seems to be paradoxical: people look for contacts, for expressing themselves, for finding the twin soul but use a machine.
Is it a flight? To create something where one gets or can give a (most of the time positive) feedback, putting in it / watch nice or remarkable pictures, cool music or videos. The cost is low, most have a flatrate nowadays, and time doesn't seem to be a factor. Even at work I find myself reading / writing although I should be working (fortunately I still manage to do my work in time).
This all reminds me of the Tamagochis. Here in Germany they complain about the decreasing birthrate. No wonder :)
I also sit here in front of my pc expressing myself in the watercooler which has some parallels to a blog, I do because I feel familiar here after all those years and because most of you are experienced internet users, and because I am very interested in your opinion.
Now I go dancing ;)
Caren
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. (Groucho Marx)

#2 User is offline   42 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Music, Tango Argentino, bridge, cooking, languages, etc. :)

Posted 2006-May-19, 10:51

The result of my previous thoughts: http://reeperbahn42.blogspot.com/ :)
Now I don't bother here any longer, promised!
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. (Groucho Marx)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users