speaking of iran

#61 User is offline   luke warm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, poker, politics

Posted 2006-April-14, 15:19

in today's news

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060414/ap_on_..._ea/iran_israel
"Paul Krugman is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." Newt Gingrich (paraphrased)

#62 User is offline   luke warm 

Posted 2006-May-02, 17:02

yet another from iran

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060502/ap_on_..._ea/iran_israel
"Paul Krugman is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." Newt Gingrich (paraphrased)

#63 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-May-09, 16:34

Typically the UN says we can do nothing on Iran, what a waste of an organization, worthless. Worthless on Darfur, so much for all those that want to talk and talk while people die by the thousands and Europe spends all their money on "free" education and health care for themselves. I guess free means you die, we go to school for free. China and Russia I guess get markets for cheap oil or a place to sell military stuff.

Sorry just sad since this means more millions around the world will die from genocide while the do gooders do nothing.

#64 User is offline   luke warm 

Posted 2006-May-09, 16:48

most do gooders (in my experience) are best at telling others what should be done, but few really try to show the way... mother t was an exception, but she had no real power

i don't think that throwing money at problems does any good... a large portion of the money ends up in 'administrative' costs and plain old-fashioned graft (the u.n.'s oil for food program comes to mind)... i don't know what the answer is... i don't even know if there is one

next election the us executive and legislative branches will likely change hands, maybe when that obviously more compassionate party is in charge some things will get done... you reckon?

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users