BBO Discussion Forums: Favorite Conspiracy Theories - BBO Discussion Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Favorite Conspiracy Theories What's yours?

#1 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2006-March-31, 09:54

In another thread I alluded to the American presence in Iraq being to ensure a high oil price so that Russia (Interestingly silent about the American presence on their borders in Afghanistan etc.) will have enough money from their oil exports to remain solvent and able to assist the U.S. in the upcoming showdown with China.

We all know or suspect that things that happen for a reason may well be for a reason that is carefully hidden so that our objections will not be raised. What is your pet conspiracy theory?
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#2 User is offline   Badmonster 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2006-March-31, 10:12

My pet theory is that rich politicians are cutting the educational budget in America in order to promote ignorance so that the rich elite can get away with screwing the poor more readily. Perhaps they're trying to develop a slave class. I also believe that the media is complicit. After all, we know all the details of of the lives of people who are kidnapped or murdered, but have no idea what is going on in the world vis a vis finance and politics.
http://badmonsters.blogspot.com probably will not change your life.

#3 User is offline   han 

• Under bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-March-31, 10:53

I believe that there is a large scale bridge conspiracy against me, and it involves the dealer program and several of my partners. How else is it possible that someone with my talents so often makes bids that work out so badly?
Please note: I am interested in boring, bog standard, 2/1.

- hrothgar

#4 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2006-March-31, 10:55

The Stonecutter's song

Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs the cave fish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscars night?
We do! We do!
Alderaan delenda est

#5 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2006-March-31, 11:08

1) There seems to be a conspiracy in defining Europe. Can anyone give the Eastern and Southeastern boundary? There seems to be some conspiracy as to where Europe is hmmmm. BTW who makes this boundary and how do we know it is correct and not part of Asia? Are the Danes behind this land grab?

2) Are the Danes really behind Global warming? The ice sheet is melting and they seem to be doing nothing to stop it. The ice sheet is theirs yes, or do they take no responsibility? The Danes do produce co2 and other greenhouse gases, yes? Are they trying to make Greenland a tropical beach resort and sell timeshares in real estate? I see in the news today the want to move the famous mermaid...but they do not say where? Greenland?

The world's largest island, Greenland is about 81% ice-capped. Vikings reached the island in the 10th century from Iceland; Danish colonization began in the 18th century and Greenland was made an integral part of Denmark in 1953. It joined the European Community (now the European Union) with Denmark in 1973 but withdrew in 1985 over a dispute over stringent fishing quotas. Greenland was granted self-government in 1979 by the Danish parliament. The law went into effect the following year. Denmark continues to exercise control of Greenland's foreign affairs.

#6 User is offline   Sigi_BC84 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-March-31, 11:20

mike777, on Mar 31 2006, 06:08 PM, said:

1) There seems to be a conspiracy in defining Europe. Can anyone give the Eastern and Southeastern boundary? There seems to be some conspiracy in where Europe is hmmmm. BTW who makes this boundary and how do we know it is correct and not part of Asia? Are the Danes behind this land grab?

That's not so important, since the countries bordering Germany are all mere icing on the cake anyway :-).

(Do any of the British here disagree?)

--Sigi

#7 User is offline   Sigi_BC84 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-March-31, 11:21

Badmonster, on Mar 31 2006, 05:12 PM, said:

My pet theory is that rich politicians are cutting the educational budget in America in order to promote ignorance so that the rich elite can get away with screwing the poor more readily. Perhaps they're trying to develop a slave class.

Add me to list.

--Sigi

#8 User is offline   csdenmark 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-March-31, 11:31

mike777, on Mar 31 2006, 07:08 PM, said:

1) There seems to be a conspiracy in defining Europe. Can anyone give the Eastern and Southeastern boundary? There seems to be some conspiracy as to where Europe is hmmmm. BTW who makes this boundary and how do we know it is correct and not part of Asia? Are the Danes behind this land grab?

2) Are the Danes really behind Global warming? The ice sheet is melting and they seem to be doing nothing to stop it. The ice sheet is theirs yes, or do they take no responsibility?  The Danes do produce co2 and other greenhouse gases, yes? Are they trying to make Greenland a tropical beach resort and sell timeshares in real estate? I see in the news today the want to move the famous mermaid...but they do not say where? Greenland?

The world's largest island, Greenland is about 81% ice-capped. Vikings reached the island in the 10th century from Iceland; Danish colonization began in the 18th century and Greenland was made an integral part of Denmark in 1953. It joined the European Community (now the European Union) with Denmark in 1973 but withdrew in 1985 over a dispute over stringent fishing quotas. Greenland was granted self-government in 1979 by the Danish parliament. The law went into effect the following year. Denmark continues to exercise control of Greenland's foreign affairs.

You are very welcome to comment on danish affairs - no problem Mike. But please on the basis of insight.

In another thread started by you I remember I mentioned the Golf Stream. The melting of ice from Greenland is one of the main reasons for reducing salt concentration which will force Golf Stream to turn earlier and reduce temperatures in most of Europe with more than 15 degree celcius. In fact that is likely to produce a revival of permanent ice down to border of France.

That is very frightening - and Denmark is doing more than most other countries to reduce CO2 - but the impact of such has very little effect as Denmark is a very small nation.

#9 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2006-March-31, 11:37

The danes are moving ice from Greenland to France via the gulfstream, ingenious.

So Greenland gets warmer, melts the ice and the water moves to France and turns back to ice. Where does the Copenhagen Mermaid move to? I bet the Usa will get blamed for this somehow. The mermaid that is. :P.

#10 User is offline   Walddk 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket

Posted 2006-March-31, 11:49

mike777, on Mar 31 2006, 06:37 PM, said:

Where does the Copenhagen Mermaid move to? I bet the Usa will get blamed for this somehow. The mermaid that is. :P.

Yes indeed. We will blame the Americans for anything. How far are we off? Didn't they invent Gerber, Flannery, Capp and Fishbein?

Excuse me, but then I'd prefer to invent nothing at all!

Roland

P.S. The Little Mermaid is swimming around in my tub.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#11 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2006-March-31, 12:15

Hannie, on Mar 31 2006, 06:53 PM, said:

I believe that there is a large scale bridge conspiracy against me, and it involves the dealer program and several of my partners. How else is it possible that someone with my talents so often makes bids that work out so badly?

That's one of my favorites as well.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#12 User is offline   csdenmark 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-March-31, 12:15

mike777, on Mar 31 2006, 07:37 PM, said:

The danes are moving ice from Greenland to France via the gulfstream, ingenious.

So Greenland gets warmer, melts the ice and the water moves to France and turns back to ice. Where does the Copenhagen Mermaid move to? I bet the Usa will get blamed for this somehow. The mermaid that is. :P.

No we don't blame USA for that.

We blame USA for Vietnam, Chile, Argentina, Haiti, Korea etc.
We blame USA for General Franco, General Pinochet, for Salazar.
We blame USA for Guantanamo, Abu Graibh.
We blame USA death penalties.

All summarised: We blame USA for double moral standards - deliberately violating human rights if their president think it is in the interests of USA.

#13 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2006-March-31, 12:22

The use of bar coding to identify every transaction that you make.

Do you know how a "reader" can tell that a series of lines is a bar code? When it scans the lines it looks for lines and spaces that begin with a double line, have a double line in the middle and a double line at the end.

btw the double line is also the bar code for the number 6.

So it is identifying the bar code by the presence of 666.

Apocalyptically yours.

#14 User is offline   pbleighton 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-March-31, 12:23

"We blame USA for Vietnam, Chile, Argentina, Haiti, Korea etc.
We blame USA death penalties."

As a good U.S. liberal, I accept, and indeed, wallow in guilt for these things.

Now, what do Europeans blame themselves for?

Peter

#15 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2006-March-31, 12:26

Here's one that will really get some peoples ire up.

There are 14 "apocryphal" (hidden) gospels of the life of the carpenter's infant. While they contain many contradictry descriptions of certain historical events, there are several mentions of a twin brother.......Josua....I wonder how that might relate?

#16 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2006-March-31, 12:43

pbleighton, on Mar 31 2006, 08:23 PM, said:

Slave trade, genocides in the New World etc etc. But you're probably asking for some more recent sins. There are a few:
- Leaving all the durty work to the Americans and subsequently complaing that they didn't manage to destroy all evil in the World without causing any harm. (Ex-Yugoslavia, for example)
- Protectionism - European agrilcultural policy in particular is realy something to be ashamed about.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#17 User is offline   csdenmark 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-March-31, 12:46

"We blame USA for Vietnam, Chile, Argentina, Haiti, Korea etc.
We blame USA death penalties."

As a good U.S. liberal, I accept, and indeed, wallow in guilt for these things.

Peter

For doing too little against USA. For Hitler, for Mussolini, for Zalasar, for Franco, for Papadoupoulos. For colonialism mostly in Africa. Poor records are nearly everywhere: Congo, Nigeria, South-Africa - you name them........

#18 User is offline   csdenmark 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-March-31, 12:49

helene_t, on Mar 31 2006, 08:43 PM, said:

Slave trade, genocides in the New World etc etc. But you're probably asking for some more recent sins. There are a few:
- Leaving all the durty work to the Americans and subsequently complaing that they didn't manage to destroy all evil in the World without causing any harm. (Ex-Yugoslavia, for example)
- Protectionism - European agrilcultural policy in particular is realy something to be ashamed about.

Protectionism - European agrilcultural policy in particular is realy something to be ashamed about
Right Helene - but here our record is neither better nor worse than USA. In fact the same tragedy.

#19 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2006-March-31, 14:13

Geez you guys expect us Americans to know who or what most of that list means or where they are on a map? Most of us do not know who we fought in our Civil War or who we fought in our Revolution. I am not joking. Just ask us how long it takes the Sun to circle the earth or the moon? They had a segment on tv last month and most of us could not tell you when the war of 1812 was fought let along against what country.

Thanks for all the credit but we just are not that smart.

#20 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2006-March-31, 14:25

The greatest conspiracy is that of trying to hide human nature under the thin veneer of civility and the guise of good intentions........and we know what the road to hell is paved with.....

The film liar liar with Jim Carrey was an inspiration, imagine the carnage if truth was the only option.....

"Death to America" (Israel) = don't kill us please, leave us alone or just send us some money.

"We will bring Freedom to the Iraqi (Vietnamese, Aboriginal) people = we will do what we want, how we want and kill (free) anyone that gets in our way because we have the power to do so.

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users