Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TD leasring courses I want to attend classeI

#1 User is offline   Joker_Card 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-August-10, 05:50

Someone kindly message me the name of Clubs or TDs who run TD courses. I want to attend those classes.
Thank you.

#2 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-August-10, 06:49

View PostJoker_Card, on 2018-August-10, 05:50, said:

Someone kindly message me the name of Clubs or TDs who run TD courses. I want to attand those classes.
Thank you.

It might help to tell us whereabouts you are.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#3 User is offline   Joker_Card 

• Pip

Posted 2018-August-10, 07:55

View Postgordontd, on 2018-August-10, 06:49, said:

It might help to tell us whereabouts you are.

My fault more, since I did not describe my needs more elaborately, Therefore I do it now. I am assisting a few renowned Tournament Directors at BBO in conducting their Tournaments.. Many of them do not know english properly, so it is hard to learn finer details of duties and obligations of a BBO Tournament Director from them.
It is therefore, I thought to post a topic in Forum, to know BBO Clubs and BBO TDs, who might help me in learning tricks of trade of a BBO Tournament Director.
BTW. I am close to getting a BBO ticket myself to run Tournaments.
I am in India. I want to learn this job to perfect my skills as TD, so that I can serve BBO with whatever small I can.
Thank you.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-August-10, 09:19

What we really need to know is what regulatory jurisdiction you're working under. Are you going to be directing ACBL tourneys?

TD classes are not generally given by clubs. I think ACBL usually offers these in association with NABC tournaments -- they had one 2 weeks ago, just before the Atlanta NABC.

However, I suspect that ACBL's director classes might not be very helpful for directing on BBO. I expect that much of the time is spent on using ACBLScore, mechanics of running club games, customer relations, and dealing with some of the common irregularities that can't happen online (revokes, bids/leads out of turn).

#5 User is offline   Joker_Card 

• Pip

Posted 2018-August-12, 01:58

View Postbarmar, on 2018-August-10, 09:19, said:

What we really need to know is what regulatory jurisdiction you're working under. Are you going to be directing ACBL tourneys?

TD classes are not generally given by clubs. I think ACBL usually offers these in association with NABC tournaments -- they had one 2 weeks ago, just before the Atlanta NABC.

However, I suspect that ACBL's director classes might not be very helpful for directing on BBO. I expect that much of the time is spent on using ACBLScore, mechanics of running club games, customer relations, and dealing with some of the common irregularities that can't happen online (revokes, bids/leads out of turn).

Sir, I never mentioned ACBL or NABC, I mentioned BBO. Ty

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-12, 20:54

View PostJoker_Card, on 2018-August-12, 01:58, said:

Sir, I never mentioned ACBL or NABC, I mentioned BBO. Ty

That's why we asked what organization you want to do tournament directing for.

The only tournaments that BBO runs by itself are ACBL tourneys. Other organizations use BBO to run their own tourneys.

We also need to know where in the world you're located, so we can tell you how to find TD classes in that area.

#7 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-13, 02:40

He wants to direct online. He probably just needs to befriend an existing host, get himself added as a co-TD to a few tourneys to see how the software works and what the usual TD calls are, and then apply for hosting rights himself.

As for how to deal with various TD calls, Joker_card, read the pinned posts in the BBO Tournament Director forums here. Those are what BBO has as "learning courses". There are a few courses by lusobrasil and an excellent post by Fred about adjustments.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users