BBO Discussion Forums: Is it really worth going up to level 6 here? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is it really worth going up to level 6 here?

#1 User is offline   AyunuS 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-January-12, 01:26

http://tinyurl.com/yal4afwb

Advanced robots, IMPs.

I just can't believe this is the best bid. But I guess by its system I need an even stronger hand to double, so it thought we'd make it. I think double shouldn't need more points than I have, as I have enough that they can't make it. And if I can let my partner ruff 2 diamond tricks, then they would've failed by a lot and they're vul so the point difference from being able to double here is quite a lot. And actually with its hand I'm fine with it pulling away from 4 but I still think 5 is the max it should bid up to. Or just change the meaning of my X so that it doesn't mean 21+ points as that seems like a bit much.

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2018-January-12, 07:27

First you should have opened 2N, don't worry about stoppers
Gib is idiotic.
4 isn't even forcing. So why is Gib looking for slam even if you have 20 pts? And you don't need 20 pts to double here you just need 4+ defensive tricks.
Gib has a void, 2 and 2+ losers so how is KC helpful even if slam was an issue?

p.s. I can't believe a human would let opps play 4 undoubled and would have bid 5 previous round. but I may be wrong.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   LBengtsson 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-January-12, 08:09

View Poststeve2005, on 2018-January-12, 07:27, said:

Gib is idiotic.

I no longer play robots, even solitaire now. bad bids, bad plays, bad days.

#4 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-January-12, 15:29

View PostLBengtsson, on 2018-January-12, 08:09, said:

I no longer play robots, even solitaire now. bad bids, bad plays, bad days.

I'm not sure that BBO cares whether you stop playing the "free" robot games. Free robot games are taking up computer resources and not contributing to keeping the company running. They are "profitable" if you rent a robot for a day or week, or play one of the pay tournaments so BBO should care if you stop using pay robots.

I'm sure the hope is that the free robot games will convert some percentage of plays to using the pay robots. IMO, having crappy free robots does not inspire most players to upgrade to pay robots after seeing the terrible bids and plays the free robots routinely make. My suggestion for BBO is to use advance robots everywhere, and limit free play time.

And lousy bidding and play from pay robots irritates the paying customer and should result in less play from them once they get thoroughly disgusted. Improving robots should be the highest priority, even if it means ditching GIB and using a different bridge playing engine.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users