BBO Discussion Forums: Your Lead - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your Lead

Poll: Your Lead (37 member(s) have cast votes)

What suit would you lead against this bidding?

1. Spades (6 votes [16.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

2. Hearts (4 votes [10.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

3. Diamonds (3 votes [8.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

4. Clubs (24 votes [64.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2017-November-26, 12:49

This whole episode is quite confusing to me - and I admit I would have led a club and felt totally fixed by the result. Why?
First, what is the purpose of responding to show the club suit in a balanced 6322 8-point hand after an 18-19 point NT opening?
Second, how can a world class opponent use an ace asking bid with Qxx of diamonds with no guarantee of partner's control of that suit?

I have read that the Italians with the Blue Team thought there were worse bridge sins that reaching slam missing 2 aces, but I would not place this auction in that category. To me, it looks like a misunderstanding or the bidding of a team that thought themselves nearly hopelessly behind in a match.

If I have to guess that one of the (arguably) two or three best players ever has made a mistake, the game is too tough!
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#22 User is offline   LBengtsson 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-December-02, 02:14

View PostWinstonm, on 2017-November-26, 12:49, said:

This whole episode is quite confusing to me - and I admit I would have led a club and felt totally fixed by the result. Why?
First, what is the purpose of responding to show the club suit in a balanced 6322 8-point hand after an 18-19 point NT opening?
Second, how can a world class opponent use an ace asking bid with Qxx of diamonds with no guarantee of partner's control of that suit?

I have read that the Italians with the Blue Team thought there were worse bridge sins that reaching slam missing 2 aces, but I would not place this auction in that category. To me, it looks like a misunderstanding or the bidding of a team that thought themselves nearly hopelessly behind in a match.

If I have to guess that one of the (arguably) two or three best players ever has made a mistake, the game is too tough!

6322 suit is not balanced. is off balance. but i am with what you saying. i would have led a;so

#23 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2017-December-04, 15:19

View PostLBengtsson, on 2017-December-02, 02:14, said:

6322 suit is not balanced. is off balance. but i am with what you saying. i would have led a;so

Many consider the suit-length situation when speaking of balanced or unbalanced: 6322 and 7222 can be considered balanced compared to other 6-card and 7-card suit hands. :)
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users