• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diablo 3

#41 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-June-21, 12:49

View PostCyberyeti, on 2012-May-31, 13:21, said:

Monk seemed to be easy mode, I did all the bosses on normal and everything until Izual on NM first time. Izual took 2 goes, not tried diablo yet. The monk's trouble is molten when combined with another obnoxious ability on the mobs with 3 blues.

Wizard was much harder, 5 or 6 goes at Izual on normal before I got him and 2 or 3 at Diablo not getting close to killing him.

Am not being very serious at this as my main game (CoH) has just had a new release so I'm playing that, I'm also gathering the bits to get to the hidden level and about to spend all my gold on that.

CoH=City of Heroes?

I'm barely into Nightmare mode on my DH, and just got there with my Barb. I had to fight Diablo twice — not to mention dying several times on earlier fights, like Izual. I'm not sure I'm careful enough to survive HC for long, so I've not tried that.

I'm off to pick up my new iMac. B-)
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#42 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-21, 13:33

View Postblackshoe, on 2012-June-21, 12:49, said:

CoH=City of Heroes?

Yup, been playing since just after launch, very different game with lots of alting, nearly 80 maximum level characters, almost all played there rather than PLd.

#43 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-23, 23:04

View Postrogerclee, on 2012-June-17, 16:24, said:

Yes.

Also I'm playing HC now, if anyone wants to play. I'm a level 52 DH right now in hell mode, so a monk/barb tank might be a good combination.

Yea i saw you are dead, that sux. Who killed your HC character ?
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#44 User is offline   rogerclee 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-24, 11:05

View PostMrAce, on 2012-June-23, 23:04, said:

Yea i saw you are dead, that sux. Who killed your HC character ?

Lagspike + fast licker + far away from entrance, almost made it but they got me. I might start up another HC character, since I don't think SC is very fun, especially with the crazy new nerf'd drop rates.

#45 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-June-24, 11:19

I may as well start a HC character but it will definetely not be a barbarian. Barbarian gets weaker in higher levels.
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#46 User is offline   rogerclee 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-24, 13:11

View PostMrAce, on 2012-June-24, 11:19, said:

I may as well start a HC character but it will definetely not be a barbarian. Barbarian gets weaker in higher levels.

I think the opposite is true. DH was pretty much godly until hell mode, I was never in danger of dying and could 1-shot entire packs with multishot. I think I made it to hell mode after something like 14 hours of play with no assistance.

#47 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-June-24, 14:51

View Postrogerclee, on 2012-June-24, 13:11, said:

I think the opposite is true. DH was pretty much godly until hell mode, I was never in danger of dying and could 1-shot entire packs with multishot. I think I made it to hell mode after something like 14 hours of play with no assistance.

Bro trust me, Barbarian has to be in close combat, and when they gang up on you with all their magics you dont wanna be in close distance to them in high levels, as you said in HC mode you need to keep your distance and make sure you are close to an exit.

Due to the nature of Barbarian you have to load a lot of Vitality and Strength. You just cant have both Strength and Intelligence at the same time (well you can but not at the desired amount) . Lack of intelligence makes you extremely vulnerable vs magical monsters. For example there aint no monster, regardless of how strong they are that my barbarian cant beat, but when they gang up and start sucking life out of you with arcane thats when it gets bad. Especially if the monster has a magic of " reflect physical damage" then your strength starts working against you.

For example, i bought a weapon, for cheap ( like 200.000 gold) It has 300 vitality + 180 strength + 700 something DPS and 370-860 damage. I am searching for a weapon better than this as if i have the gold to buy it (which i dont) and i cant even find one. I just cant survive long in inferno when i meet the magicals, rest i blow as if they are normal level monsters in inferno regardless of how crowded they attack on me. Barbarian has this "Revenge" spin shot which takes life out of them and converts to you as well as damages them as much as "Bash" So when you use "revenge" the more monsters your blow hits the more life you gain, so in a way crowd is good for barbariab as long as he is not trapped with magic.

To be honest, if it wasnt the 2.000.000 gold you gave me (thanks again) i wouldnt even make it to inferno probably.

#48 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2012-June-24, 15:15

View PostMrAce, on 2012-June-24, 14:51, said:

Bro trust me, Barbarian has to be in close combat, and when they gang up on you with all their magics you dont wanna be in close distance to them in high levels, as you said in HC mode you need to keep your distance and make sure you are close to an exit.

Due to the nature of Barbarian you have to load a lot of Vitality and Strength. You just cant have both Strength and Intelligence at the same time (well you can but not at the desired amount) . Lack of intelligence makes you extremely vulnerable vs magical monsters. For example there aint no monster, regardless of how strong they are that my barbarian cant beat, but when they gang up and start sucking life out of you with arcane thats when it gets bad. Especially if the monster has a magic of " reflect physical damage" then your strength starts working against you.

For example, i bought a weapon, for cheap ( like 200.000 gold) It has 300 vitality + 180 strength + 700 something DPS and 370-860 damage. I am searching for a weapon better than this as if i have the gold to buy it (which i dont) and i cant even find one. I just cant survive long in inferno when i meet the magicals, rest i blow as if they are normal level monsters in inferno regardless of how crowded they attack on me. Barbarian has this "Revenge" spin shot which takes life out of them and converts to you as well as damages them as much as "Bash" So when you use "revenge" the more monsters your blow hits the more life you gain, so in a way crowd is good for barbariab as long as he is not trapped with magic.

To be honest, if it wasnt the 2.000.000 gold you gave me (thanks again) i wouldnt even make it to inferno probably.

The first broadcast Inferno Diablo kill on Hardcore was with a Barbarian
Alderaan delenda est

#49 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-June-24, 22:22

View Posthrothgar, on 2012-June-24, 15:15, said:

The first broadcast Inferno Diablo kill on Hardcore was with a Barbarian

You are talking about Krippi and Kripparian ? You really shouldnt count them :)

It was not a solo kill by the way and it was not 2 Barbarian ;)

Here is their video and how they prepared to kill and how they practiced long in SC b4 they pwned him in HC.

http://www.reddit.co..._inferno_clear/

If you watch the video you will see it was nothing but teamwork.

#50 User is offline   rogerclee 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-24, 23:31

There has been a solo barb HC clear as well, think it was 1-2 days ago. HC barbarians that focus on LOH/resist/vit and don't care that much about damage will do well. I think the one that cleared inferno solo stated he had a DPS of 7k.

#51 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-June-25, 01:34

View Postrogerclee, on 2012-June-24, 23:31, said:

There has been a solo barb HC clear as well, think it was 1-2 days ago. HC barbarians that focus on LOH/resist/vit and don't care that much about damage will do well. I think the one that cleared inferno solo stated he had a DPS of 7k.

Yes, there are a lot of ways to do it. Everyone knows the champs and packs are much stronger and more dangerous than the bosses. If you can run and pass those champs and face only the bosses like some HC players do its another story. These two are not only the first inferno diablo killers but they also killed every single pack and champs through out the game.

Anyway, you are talking about 7k DPS weapon. I didnt even know thwy had such powerful weapons in the game.

#52 User is offline   rogerclee 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-25, 01:36

View PostMrAce, on 2012-June-25, 01:34, said:

Anyway, you are talking about 7k DPS weapon. I didnt even know thwy had such powerful weapons in the game.

No, 7K total dps.

#53 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-June-25, 01:58

I also made some research, i dunno how true it is but seems like those who beat Diablo in inferno may have done some stuff you and i would not do.

http://us.battle.net...10721276?page=2

http://us.battle.net...89450615?page=1

Most of them are making big $$$ out of this via streams and all. A lot of experienced top players are questioning the existence of a BARBARIAN character in HC inferno, letalone actually beating the game honestly with this character (no surprise to me). I admit there are a lot of whiners and haters among them too but i know some of them very well from D2, respected players who are talking about the exploits those guys came up with. Perhaps they are just jealous idk.

#54 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2012-June-25, 03:48

All I know is that I am on my third HC witch doctor

First died early in hell through sheer stupidity on my part
Second died on Nightmare Diablo because I forgot to chance spec prior to the boss fight.
Alderaan delenda est

#55 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-June-25, 13:46

Did you guys notice in the video that they both had extremely high % atack speed + movement speed ?

#56 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-25, 15:24

View PostMrAce, on 2012-June-25, 13:46, said:

Did you guys notice in the video that they both had extremely high % atack speed + movement speed ?

Pre the halving of attack speed in the patch.

#57 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-27, 07:23

Eh, all right. I was staying with a lady friend last night and she gave me a guest pass. I played for like 3 minutes and bought the full version. Probably retarded since I can't play from my apartment most likely, but ***** it. Let's roll.
OK
bed

#58 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-27, 19:27

So, I can sort of play from my apartment, which means I'll be grinding a lot in the next couple months, but I definitely had some really bad connection spots. I had really bad lag, especially when breaking ashes which is weird, but there were a couple times where I experienced lag walls where the map simply fails to load any further and at the end I lost a substantial amount of my progress due to no connectivity. Lame.

That said, I ran through SK without any problems and honestly without even getting close to being in trouble. Random button mashing is too easy. I'm looking forward to more of a challenge.

But yeah, I'm admitting to joining the ranks of addicts. Can't play HC with my current connection for sure, but looking forward to it when i get more stable. Also sad I'll be missing the RMAH ATM that's currently going on.
OK
bed

#59 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-July-01, 11:13

View Postjjbrr, on 2012-June-27, 19:27, said:

So, I can sort of play from my apartment, which means I'll be grinding a lot in the next couple months, but I definitely had some really bad connection spots. I had really bad lag, especially when breaking ashes which is weird, but there were a couple times where I experienced lag walls where the map simply fails to load any further and at the end I lost a substantial amount of my progress due to no connectivity. Lame.

That said, I ran through SK without any problems and honestly without even getting close to being in trouble. Random button mashing is too easy. I'm looking forward to more of a challenge.

But yeah, I'm admitting to joining the ranks of addicts. Can't play HC with my current connection for sure, but looking forward to it when i get more stable. Also sad I'll be missing the RMAH ATM that's currently going on.

Yea, dont even try HC if conn is bad.

Which character are you playing ? I may have some goodies for you. Whats your name ? You can add me to friends my name is TH3TURK , battlenet nick is TINTORERA

#60 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-July-01, 11:15

I have a silly question, i started using follower, does an item follower wears help our gold find or magic find ? Or gold pick up radius ?

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users