• You cannot reply to this topic

Diablo 3

#21 User is offline   Cthulhu D 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Overbidding

Posted 2012-June-05, 17:39

View PostMrAce, on 2012-June-05, 16:50, said:

My @$$ is being kicked badly in hell level as barbarian. Arcane beasts are tuff to deal with in close combat. I dunno wtf to do except than gold farming and buy decent stuff. I will have to give up on my shield too because seems like 1 handed weapons are weak and not doing enough damage.

Any hints ?

Diablo 3 is basically AH flipping atm, the actual game is pretty secondary. Doubly so if you're a barb, DH's and wizards can build for much cheaper, whereas you really need primo gear for an inferno barb. Also, the blacksmith is a huge trap. Pretend he doesn't exist.

But what build are you running? I'm about where you are (though undergeared because my Barbarian was boosted by some friends rather than naturally grown because they wanted a barb fourth rather than 2 demon hunters).

http://us.battle.net...VRPik!bV!acbZac

is the prefered solo build - the mandatory stuff is revenge+provacation

Life on hit gear is great and overpriced atm.

That said as most people are hitting inferno now there is some really sweet level 50-59 gear for quite cheap on the AH.

#22 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-05, 18:39

My @$$ is being kicked badly in hell level as barbarian. Arcane beasts are tuff to deal with in close combat. I dunno wtf to do except than gold farming and buy decent stuff. I will have to give up on my shield too because seems like 1 handed weapons are weak and not doing enough damage.

Any hints ?

you should be looking for every slot to have strength/vitality/resist all modifiers

secondarily you can look for: +armor, +life%, attack speed, and individual resists (physical being best, fire being second best, arcane being third best)

I haven't seen any viable inferno builds that use anything but 1H+shield.
OK
bed

#23 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-06, 01:00

View Postjjbrr, on 2012-June-05, 18:39, said:

you should be looking for every slot to have strength/vitality/resist all modifiers

secondarily you can look for: +armor, +life%, attack speed, and individual resists (physical being best, fire being second best, arcane being third best)

I haven't seen any viable inferno builds that use anything but 1H+shield.

I have all of those, but all their armour is too low . So i have to renew them. And these price gauging @#$% people selling good items like 500.000 + ??? Wtf ??

But yes i have built too much vitality and strength but not too much intelligence since i play barbarian, but that makes him ver vulnerable vs arcane beasts. He has to get into close combat too. I think i will do what u say and increase my armour and physical resistance.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#24 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-06, 02:19

Any hints ?

I've just hit 60 on my monk in act 3 hell. I geared up at 54 by getting as many items with dex/vit/res(all) as I could lay my hands on. I just accept that there are some combinations that are going to kick me (fire chains, molten, vortex for example) and reload if I can't do them (yellows with invulnerable minions, illusionist/horde and something that hurts aren't much fun either). Most of the time I can get one of the 3 blues down before dying, then finish them second time if I can't get them first time.

Gearing up doesn't have to be expensive, I got enough gear for Acts 1 and 2 hell without paying more than 20K for a single piece, and most were <10K. The top of the line level 60 stuff is stupidly expensive though.

For inferno, I'm looking at getting items with res(all) res(lightning) on them and taking the monk passive that means that you use your highest resist against everything. Not sure what you can do as barb as my highest only 12. Arcane enchanted you just have to run and make sure you don't get hit often.

What sort of damage, life, armor and resist numbers are you working off and what level/which act hell ?

#25 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-06, 07:27

btw, for those of you in inferno, does this look familiar?

OK
bed

#26 User is offline   Cthulhu D 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-07, 22:40

View Postjjbrr, on 2012-June-06, 07:27, said:

btw, for those of you in inferno, does this look familiar?

That is both lottastic and making me sadface.

@MrAce: If you want to wax hell, just buy a cheapish level 60 weapon with level reduction bonuses off the AH. I got a 500 DPS one handed at level 51 for 250k and I overpaid. This won't help at inferno obviously.

#27 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2012-June-08, 07:06

View PostCthulhu D, on 2012-June-07, 22:40, said:

That is both lottastic and making me sadface.

@MrAce: If you want to wax hell, just buy a cheapish level 60 weapon with level reduction bonuses off the AH. I got a 500 DPS one handed at level 51 for 250k and I overpaid. This won't help at inferno obviously.

The video is entirely accurate, I've just got to act 2 inferno, and am concluding that despite 591 resist all on my monk I'm not tough enough to survive for long enough for me to kill stuff. I suspect I'm not pumping out the damage to kill stuff fast enough, I do about 10K with a 600 ish weapon. Act 2 is a big step up from Act 1.

#28 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-08, 08:04

View PostCyberyeti, on 2012-June-08, 07:06, said:

The video is entirely accurate, I've just got to act 2 inferno, and am concluding that despite 591 resist all on my monk I'm not tough enough to survive for long enough for me to kill stuff. I suspect I'm not pumping out the damage to kill stuff fast enough, I do about 10K with a 600 ish weapon. Act 2 is a big step up from Act 1.

FYI:

Inferno balance right now has a difficulty gap in which Act I feels about right, but Act II feels like trying to bust through a brick wall. In patch 1.0.3 we’re going to be lowering that wall by adjusting the damage and health of monsters in Inferno Act II, III and IV. We feel like Act I Inferno is in a pretty good place.

Our design goal with Acts II, III and IV is to keep them challenging, but smooth the difficulty ramp out a bit. If a monk or barbarian is geared well enough that they can use a heavily offensive build and murder everything in Act I, they should be able to swap to a more defensive build and do okay in Act II. As they gear up they can begin adjusting back to becoming offensive in Act II, at which point they can jump into Act III with a focus on defense, and so on. Difficulty certainly ties into itemization, encounter and enemy tuning, and class balance, and all of these things together are going to paint a more reasonable difficulty curve as you hit Inferno in 1.0.3.

- Wyatt Cheng is a Senior Technical Game Designer for Diablo III.
OK
bed

#29 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2012-June-10, 07:03

L51 HC Witch Doctor died today in Act 1 of Hell
Alderaan delenda est

#30 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-10, 07:41

Is it like Nethack where a dead character is dead and gone?
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#31 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2012-June-10, 07:45

View PostBunnyGo, on 2012-June-10, 07:41, said:

Is it like Nethack where a dead character is dead and gone?

If you play hardcore the character is dead and gone
Not even a bones file...
Alderaan delenda est

#32 User is offline   rogerclee 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-12, 04:31

View PostCyberyeti, on 2012-June-08, 07:06, said:

Monks are underpowered in general, they need great gear in order to be as effective as Wiz/DH players that can mostly focus on damage, whereas monks really need great all-around stats.

That said everyone who just gets to A2 is not powerful enough to handle it, the A1 gear simply isn't good enough. I recommend mostly skipping A2 if you can, A3 has a similar level of difficulty, the enemies aren't as annoying, and the loot drops are way better. Also the prices of mid-lvl gear have really gone down as more and more people become powerful enough to farm A3/A4.

#33 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2012-June-12, 08:23

View Postrogerclee, on 2012-June-12, 04:31, said:

Monks are underpowered in general, they need great gear in order to be as effective as Wiz/DH players that can mostly focus on damage, whereas monks really need great all-around stats.

That said everyone who just gets to A2 is not powerful enough to handle it, the A1 gear simply isn't good enough. I recommend mostly skipping A2 if you can, A3 has a similar level of difficulty, the enemies aren't as annoying, and the loot drops are way better. Also the prices of mid-lvl gear have really gone down as more and more people become powerful enough to farm A3/A4.

I was struggling a bit with act 1, my main problem is not enough life on hit, which I'm remedying slowly.

At the moment I'm trying to get some of the dungeons/events I missed at hell diff and building up cash so I can buy some decent gear. Might have helped if I didn't pay out 850K to open hell whimsyshire, but it had to be done.

#34 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-13, 12:24

Any of you clowns making bank on the real money auction house? It's amazing how out of balance the two auction houses are. Better sell your stuff quick before market forces make prices more realistic!
OK
bed

#35 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2012-June-13, 13:05

View Postjjbrr, on 2012-June-13, 12:24, said:

Any of you clowns making bank on the real money auction house? It's amazing how out of balance the two auction houses are. Better sell your stuff quick before market forces make prices more realistic!

No Real Money AH for hardcore
Alderaan delenda est

#36 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2012-June-13, 17:42

I don't have anything anybody would pay real money for, and on principle I don't like the RMAH.

I'm not the sort of person that would buy gold off a seller, buy in game items with the gold and try to sell them on the RMAH for more than the gold cost even if that was possible.

#37 User is offline   rogerclee 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-17, 16:24

Yes.

Also I'm playing HC now, if anyone wants to play. I'm a level 52 DH right now in hell mode, so a monk/barb tank might be a good combination.

#38 User is offline   blackshoe 

Posted 2012-June-17, 18:45

Haven't tried HC yet. Highest level character so far is a 32 DH, and he's barely into Chapter I in Nightmare. The rest are all still in normal.

And I'm neglecting my three EVE Online characters and my twenty some odd WoW characters (only one of which is level 85, outside the MoP beta), including one low level and one high level monk in the beta.

Still keeping up with Clan Lord, though. B-)
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#39 User is offline   Cthulhu D 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-June-21, 00:02

Patch makes things a fiar bit easier frustrated barbarian bros.

#40 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2012-June-21, 01:56

View PostCthulhu D, on 2012-June-21, 00:02, said:

Patch makes things a fiar bit easier frustrated barbarian bros.

I had a strange experience post patch. Took my monk (42K hits, 6K armor, 640 res all, 16K DPS) into the Caldeum sewers (act 2 quest 5) on inferno. Met a group of blue swarms, frozen, plagued + I think health link and fast, got frozen, was dead before I unfroze, this happened twice, 8K repair bill, no chance to do anything. This wasn't happening before the patch, although I did notice the flies hit far less hard at the start of act 2 than before the patch.

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users