• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO on an Android Tablet?

#21 User is offline   chuchaque 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-July-28, 14:15

I figured out the password, First hit the backspace key a half dozen times. Then type you password one letter at a time. When the letter disappears, type the next letter and wait until it disappears. Repeat until you have typed all the letters. For some reason my tablet does not display symbols for letters already typed. The password window always shows blank no matter how many letters I have typed.

#22 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-July-28, 17:21

I can play with no problems on toshiba thrive. Awkward thing is the super small screen.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#23 User is offline   Jay 5 

• Pip

Posted 2011-July-29, 04:08

Hi all. I have just returned my Asus Tablet with Flash 10.1 to Amazon because Adobe will not let me install BBO. This is my second tablet that will no let you install BBO running a Android system... Good luck finding the answer...

#24 User is offline   Jay 5 

• Pip

Posted 2011-July-29, 04:09

Hi all. I have just returned my Asus Tablet with Flash 10.1 to Amazon because Adobe will not let me install BBO. This is my second tablet that will no let you install BBO running a Android system... Good luck finding the answer...

#25 User is offline   Jay 5 

• Pip

Posted 2011-July-29, 05:12

View Postrmfenerty, on 2011-March-14, 19:54, said:

Hi,

My mom is a dedicated BBOphile. She also travels to a lot of tournaments, and I've been thinking of buying her an iPad. But since my neighbors in Cupertino have refused to support Flash on the iPad, I'm wondering if anyone has tried using BBO on an Android tablet. If so, how's the experience? Seems to me it could be very cool (like holding the cards in your hand) or very clunky...

I'm also wondering about BBO's dedication to Flash. Or maybe developing a BBO App for iOS? In general, does the presence of 15 million non-BBO compatible iPads and X million iPhones provide any motivation to consider an App, or a port to HTML 5? Arguably, your target demographic has lots of money to spend on flashy devices...

Robert

Hi Robert. This reply no doubt to late but I have tried and send back two Tablets using the Android system because they do not support BBO. Adobe flash will not let you install BBO.

#26 User is offline   Hairy_Scot 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-August-04, 02:53

I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy SL (GT-I9003). Comes with Froyo and has Flash Player 10.1.
Using the default browser (which I think is Google Chrome) I can get the client php login page but cannot enter any data.
Tried installing Firefox for mobile, but it moans about needing Flash and won't even display the login box.
Would welcome any info or advice.
:rolleyes:

#27 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-14, 11:38

Jay 5, when you say "install BBO", do you mean the old version that you had to download?
The new version you access by coming here http://www.bridgebase.com/index.php , and clicking "play bridge now".
There is nothing to install from your point of view.
It is a web, flash based version.

Macaw has a Samsung tab 10.1, running honeycomb 3.1. She says she could not get it to run BBO.
Maybe Froyo Samsung also can't?
While the other android tablets can enter BBO, when the login screen comes up, we can only see the "username" field entered. The password field looks invisible when we type stuff in. But when we just type stuff anyway there and then click login it works.
Maybe it will work for you too?
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#28 User is offline   TactAnita 

• Pip

Posted 2011-September-01, 11:55

View PostRain, on 2011-July-13, 08:34, said:

I just got the toshiba thrive. I've tried Xoom but returned it. So far, very very pleased with the thrive.

1) It has usb port!! (Also SD, mini usb, hdmi). The USB port enabled me to plug in a mouse and use that to click around at times.
It was not playing my USB thumbdrive - apparently there will be an over the air update that will allow other file formats to be read.

2) Not much bloatware. The few apps included by Toshiba were pretty useful. I quite like the news reader they have.

3) It can play BBO with no problems. The login password problem has been noted by others earlier, but typing it in and ignoring what looks like blank space works well. "Save" your password for future logins. Everything in BBO works well except trying to read news pop up, trying to click to read alerts, or trying to type to others because typing is still a pain. (Less so with a mouse) Probably a pen would work as well as a mouse and is more mobile, but I didn't want to buy one of those special styluses.

4) Seem to use battery well. Lasts about as expected.

5) Honeycomb 3.1 is probably better than 3.0. The xoom used to freeze and crash a lot more.

#29 User is offline   TactAnita 

• Pip

Posted 2011-September-01, 11:56

Can you play as declarer from dummy? That seemed to be a problem noted by some Android users. I wish to buy a tablet, but I won't buy
one unless I can play on BBO.

#30 User is offline   gable 

• Pip

Posted 2011-September-17, 16:48

View PostTactAnita, on 2011-September-01, 11:56, said:

Can you play as declarer from dummy? That seemed to be a problem noted by some Android users. I wish to buy a tablet, but I won't buy
one unless I can play on BBO.

Today I tried to use Samsung tablet with flash 10.3 and it works. The graphics interface is not the best but I would like to know if anyone of you have contacted the bbo support to know if they are deploying a software release for tablet ?Let me know thx G.

#31 User is offline   shuswap 

• Pip

Posted 2011-November-12, 22:41

View Postchuchaque, on 2011-July-28, 14:15, said:

I figured out the password, First hit the backspace key a half dozen times. Then type you password one letter at a time. When the letter disappears, type the next letter and wait until it disappears. Repeat until you have typed all the letters. For some reason my tablet does not display symbols for letters already typed. The password window always shows blank no matter how many letters I have typed.

Thank you for this advice!!! Amazing that you find it.

#32 User is offline   lcy 

• Pip

Posted 2011-December-04, 07:36

i just tried playing bbo today on a handphone! it works on samsung galaxy s2 :) but yea the screen is a bit small for me to click on the cards accurately

#33 User is offline   jeffr70 

• Pip

Posted 2011-December-29, 03:28

View PostRain, on 2011-August-14, 11:38, said:

Jay 5, when you say "install BBO", do you mean the old version that you had to download?
The new version you access by coming here http://www.bridgebase.com/index.php , and clicking "play bridge now".
There is nothing to install from your point of view.
It is a web, flash based version.

Macaw has a Samsung tab 10.1, running honeycomb 3.1. She says she could not get it to run BBO.
Maybe Froyo Samsung also can't?
While the other android tablets can enter BBO, when the login screen comes up, we can only see the "username" field entered. The password field looks invisible when we type stuff in. But when we just type stuff anyway there and then click login it works.
Maybe it will work for you too?

Hi,

I also have a Samsung tab 10.1 with honeycomb 3.1. I am using the Dolphin browser. Initially the problem I had was that I couldn't get the keyboard to come up on the login screen. I had to change the flash settings from "On demand" to "Always On" and now it works :)

#34 User is offline   the_dude 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-December-30, 06:32

I bought an Asus slider with Android 3.2 and flash 10.1. BBO works great - right out of the box.

As with others here, the password box does not display the characters that you type - but you only have to type your password once so long as you hit the "remember password" checkbox. (it saves the pwd even though the box appears blank).

Other than that anomaly though, BBO works fine.
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it then how bad a decision could it really be?

#35 User is offline   mrdct 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-January-08, 20:15

I have a Geniatech Enjoy TV ATV1000 running Android 2.3.4 (build 20111102)) with Flash 10.2 installed. The box is hooked-up to a 50" HD Plasma TV in my living room via an HDMI cable and has recently replaced an old Windows XP machine that I had sitting behind the cabinet for any web browsing or BBO vugraph watching that I wanted to do.

The box itself is quite cool for web browsing, youtube, android games, media streaming, etc. and BBO sort of works OK but with a few quirks:

- when kibitzing a table, in the "Who's Online" pane, the "friends", "stars" and "kibitzers" tabs all don't work so you can only see friends who are online.
- when watching vugraph, if there is no keyboard or mouse input for a few minutes (haven't timed it but it's around 5-10 minutes I think) the screen goes white with a "play" icon in the middle and when you click it you are back at the login screen.
- with video output set at 720p the cards are a bit blocky, but I haven't tried other screen resolutions yet.

As far as I can see there no user-manageable settings for Flash 10.2 that can address the timeout issue. I was wondering if there was something that could be done at the BBO end to keep it alive for a two hour vugraph session.

If any BBOers have "Android-TV" boxes running BBO I'd be keen to hear of your experiences as particualry when voice commentary is on, my family of bridge players quite like sitting around on the couch watching vugraph on the television.
Disclaimer: The above post may be a half-baked sarcastic rant intended to stimulate discussion and it does not necessarily coincide with my own views on this topic.
I bidding the suit below the suit I'm actually showing not to be described as a "transfer" for the benefit of people unfamiliar with the concept of a transfer

#36 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-January-09, 16:29

Btw can BBO be played on the Kindle Fire?

#37 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-January-09, 20:16

View Postmike777, on 2012-January-09, 16:29, said:

Btw can BBO be played on the Kindle Fire?

I put "kindle fire" into the Search box above and found this thread:

http://www.bridgebas...__fromsearch__1

#38 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-January-10, 01:01

Thanks!

so to play bbo mobile I need
1) a mobile computer. what ever that is kindle fire?
2) something called flash software
3) something called android software

anything else?

????

#39 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2012-January-10, 02:09

No you don't need android on Kindle Fire. Its operating system either supports flash or it doesn't. However, I think on that screen you'll have some serious difficulties playing on BBO.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#40 User is offline   KERetc 

• Pip

Posted 2012-February-02, 04:05

Comment jouer sur BBO avec un Apple IPAD 2 16 GO ( WIFI) ?? MERCI

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users